(TV) Marquee Moon 33 1/3

Finally got my copy and read it in one go.

My feeling is that this, finally, is the book that MM deserves (now that
I've abandoned mine :) Well, just about, /almost/ the book....

I say "almost" 'cos while the bulk of the  book establishing the context
from which the band and album emerged is the most concise and relevant
that I can remember reading, I would have liked a more detailed, deeper
section on the album itself. Perhaps this would have involved talking to
the band members which, I imagine, wasn't possible?

Like the best books, it changed my mind about some things. I'm left with
more sympathy (and understanding) for Richard Hell, for example. Also,
the realisation that Verlaine was damn lucky that Richard Lloyd waited
30 years to leave Television. Puts the discussion we've had on Richard's
recent remarks on Verlaine and life in Television into sharper perspective.

Good to find out more info about the Eno demos and Bryan Waterman even
addresses my own favourite burst of Verlaine paranoia in which he has
Bryan Ferry, via Eno, stealing his ideas and lyrics and plastering them
over "Siren".

Plus, if there's anyone on this list that should be referenced in a book
on MM, it's Leo, so he got that one right too ;)

(I'm surprised we haven't had more discussion on the book -  perhaps
lure Mr Waterman out of "lurk-mode"!)