Re: (TV) 33 1/3 Review in Crawdaddy

It may be a good review in the sense of a positive review, but there's some terrible writing and/or editing in there:

"During a brief period of time, a little club on the Bowery spurned a sound and a look...." Really? I could have sworn they _supported_ that sound and look. The writer means "spawned." (And there was no single CBGBs sound or look.)

"... who better than an academic to eschew legend in favor of fact, and write the book on the band and its seminal album? New York University
professor and author Bryan Waterman takes this to task...." Or maybe he "takes on this task."

"A hard feat by any means, as it seems that nostalgia and vintage
storytelling are part and parcel with rock bnb roll, ... an appendage holding the central artery of rock together." How does an appendage hold an artery together?

"... an extensive true story that is still interesting, and
echoes long down the volleys of rock history." Presumably "valleys" - although it's still not the most apt metaphor.

And those are just in the first two paragraphs.

- Jesse