Re: What happened to his Tom's affect/drawl RE: (TV) Mtv brasil interview/Pretzel

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:

> The interview shows a more purposefulness in the band. The last item
> showing them playing LJJ reveals new subtleties in a new arrangement.
> Rip playing new rifs and adding atmospheric slide guitar. Rip can
> imitate any guitarist he wants and it seems that he can play some
> "Verlainisms" even better than Tom. We've been down this road before -
> but maybe just maybe a new records might be in the offing.

I try not to get too excited, but I've always loved Tom & Jimmy's interplay
anyway, and if this form of the band is as happy together as it seems, maybe
there is hope of some kind!  Richard's not coming back and I doubt Tom's
working on any records of his own, so this is the basket in which we have to
put our eggs.

I'd guess the real solution would be for Tom to hand the business/management
side of things over to Jimmy, who does seem to get things done.  I bet we'd
see a distribution deal in no time.