(TV) kids these days (piss me off)

i don't know who john maus is, but he's featured on pitchfork today, with this
quote:

"You don't know how happy it makes me that the days of the record store are
coming to an end. $20 for an LP? Do you remember going to the record store and
not getting what you want because there was no other place to get it? Now we
can get it all for free, and I think that's wonderful. There was always
something really depressing to me about record stores and music equipment
stores. There's something oppressive about them, like the guy who looks you up
and down and looks at what you're buying. You're bound up in exchange with the
snobby clerk. So I'm glad they all have little "closed" signs on their doors
now."

oh, the generational shift!  but i predict that record stores (and their
annoying clerks) will be around long after this guy is gone.  also, i see his
latest album is available for $21.26 at amazon, and in fact i don't see any of
his products listed there for "free".