RE: (TV) New review of Waterman's book

Good review of a book that I found enjoyable but also made me a bit irritated.
Why go to scrapbooks and archives and avoid talking to the main characters? In
this case, we have Lloyd and Hell who both seems to be very talkative. In the
Brazil interview, Verlaine agreed to meet Waterman after the book came out,
and seemed disappointed that he hadn't been informed about it until it was
finished; he might've wanted to speak about it. Smith and Ficca? Andy Johns?
The recording engineers?  This was my first 33 1/3 book -- and I wonder: Do
they all have the same approach to their subjects like this one? Is this some
kind of principal thing with this serial -- to have an author gathering
information and jumping to conclusions but NOT making interviews? The content
of Waterman's book is of course of interest to anyone captured by this record,
but it's beyond me why the effort to chronicle its birth isn't supplemented
with recollections from the people who made it -- especially since these
people aren't dead and buried. Leif J, Sweden