From: leif joley <leifjoley@hotmail.com>
Subject: (TV) Verlaine idol gets the Nobel Prize
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 4:13 AM

Tomas Transstrvmer will be awarded this year's Nobel Prize in literature;
this
was announced one minute ago.

Those familiar with Tom Verlaine's literary favourites know that he has not
only idolised French symbolists -- this Swedish poet, now 80 and partially
paralysed after a stroke some years ago, has frequently been mentioned by
Verlaine as a major influence in his work as a lyricist.

And those interested in reading Transtrvmer's often environmentally-themed
poetry could easily do so: he's been translated into English by his American
friend and collegue Robert Bly.

Leif J, Sweden