(TV) 'Marquee Moon' Changed A Life )short podcast)

I highly recommend this podcast from a show I heard on my car radio on the
way home today from the Massachusetts Cross Country State Championship.
It's from a National Public Radio show called "Studio 360" .  It's about a
song called "Marquee Moon" ; the podcast is only 7 minutes but it's pretty
interesting especially the section from **4:45 to 5:30**
http://www.studio360.org/2011/nov/18/aha-moment-from-proto-punk-to-perceptio
n/

"Larry Rosenblum is a professor of psychology with a focus on perception -
he's written a book about the senses called
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0393339378/studi360-20/> See What
I'm Saying. Rosenblum credits a musical revelation with leading him down
that path.

"Growing up with 1970s prog-rock, he thought that virtuosity and spectacular
showmanship were the hallmarks of great music - cascades of notes,
impossible time signatures. Visiting a cool older friend, Rosenblum had his
perceptions forever altered by four notes from the band Television: the
opening chords to their garage epic 'Marquee Moon'.  I knew that I was going
to listen to everything differently," he remembers. "By playing something
very simple, but very well-coordinated with the other musicians, something
powerful and passionate can come out of it.

"Rosenblum explains how the way instrumental lines interact to create
complexity is analogous to how the brain understands and interprets the
environment around it."

Listen
<http://www.studio360.org/2011/nov/18/aha-moment-from-proto-punk-to-percepti
on/##> Add
<http://www.studio360.org/2011/nov/18/aha-moment-from-proto-punk-to-percepti
on/##> Download
<http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio.wnyc.org/studio/studio111811e
.mp3> Embed
<http://www.studio360.org/2011/nov/18/aha-moment-from-proto-punk-to-percepti
on/##>  Embed This Audio

Copy and paste the HTML below to embed this audio onto your web page. Find
out more here <http://www.studio360.org/audio/help/> .

 <http://www.studio360.org/audio/m3u/170793/> Stream m3u

Cover of Television's Marquee Moon (Warner Bros UK)