 From: Keith Allison
<keith@thewonder.co.uk>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011
5:04 PM
Subject: Re: More on TV & Smith/Smith's schtick /  RE: (TV) Patti w/
Tom  show suggestion

On 27/12/2011 18:34, Leo Casey wrote:
> I am probably
in the minority, but I have always been very disappointed in
> recordings of
Smith shows when Tom was in her touring band.  Number one:  I
> can never hear
him!; he's buried in the mix; and two:  he keeps such a low
> profile, in
fact, he goes way, way overboard in trying not to step musically
> on Lenny
Kaye's toes.

Leo, agree with you 100% . I just don't think he even bothers to
pretend.

>   it just reinforced in my mind how over-rated Smith is
> as a
musical performer/singer/songwriter.  Her whole schtick I find tiresome
> and
pretentious.
Leo, have we ever agreed so much about /anything /before?! ;-)
I'd add "poet" to that list, too.