MKIII / RE: (TV) i didn't even know we still HAD mainstream rock

Regarding the NY TIMES writer's sweeping declaration:

"2011 may well be remembered as the most numbing year for mainstream rock
music in history. The genre didn't produce a single great album, and the
best of the middling walked blindly in footprints laid out years, even
decades, earlier. Plenty of juggernauts - U2 and Bruce Springsteen, among
others - took the year off, but the genre's failings are creative, not
commercial. At this point rock is becoming a graveyard of aesthetic
innovation and creativity, a lie perpetrated by major labels, radio
conglomerates and touring concerns, all of whom need - or feel they need -
the continued sustenance of this style of music. The fringes remain
interesting, and regenerate constantly, but the center has been left to rot.

"Declaring a genre dead is the worst, least imaginative sort of
proclamation, so let's call it zombified: it moves, it takes up space, it
looks powerful from afar - with oodles of bands working hard, and some even
making money - and garish up close. It lacks nutrients.".

Typical, fool, he was/is not even aware of 2011's masterpiece of rock:
Television Mk III's album, PERSIA.