(TV) WTF, Tom?

Big day for me, so I just fired up "Dream Time"... and on hearing the
opening of "There's A Reason", which was the first Television-related
recording I ever heard, I was immediately forced to wonder... what the HELL
are those chords?  The really high ones that hit on the 3 of each measure
in the intro and verse?  I really have no idea.  They sound vaguely
Hendrix-y, but if Hendrix was even more of alien being that he was.  Any
ideas?

What a great song, and a great recording.  It has like just about all of my
favorite guitar sounds in it (even some tasty 12-string!) without sounding
cluttered at all... it just rocks like hell.  May just have to keep
listening to it over and over again today.

-Rex