Re: (TV) anecdotes re. Tom Verlaine from Larry Butler's(of Warner Bros.)book,via Lefsetz

And did you notice, someone posted this in the comments:

09:11 PM on 07/16/2012
The actual history is a bit different. There are a few really good books about this subject, including a book called All Hopped Up and Ready to Go that came out a few years back. Anyway Hilly Crystal had a club called Hilly's On the Bowery at the same address that he would later open CBGB. The first band asociated with the NYC underground rock scene (ie, the Mercer Arts Center scene) to play at that Hilly's was the Magic Tramps in October 1972. This featured Eric Emerson, as well as his friend and later Blondie founder Chris Stein who would sit in with them. Others bands that played the venue around this time were Wayne County and Suicide. When the Mercer Arts Center collapsed the location had not been really established as a rock venue but it was known among the downtown musicians. Anyway TV began to play there in March, 1974. At the time TV's basist Richard Hell was dating Elda Gentie, who was in the band the Stillitoes with Debbie Harry and Chris
 Stein. So the Stilletoes starting playing there in eraly May, 1974. Debbie and Chris knew Tommy Ramone, so the Ramones learned about the venue and played with Blondie (which grew out of the Stillitoes) in August, 1974. Pattti Smith, through Verlaine, began playing there in early 1975. The Talking Heads arrived in 1975 after the scene had already started to develop.
Everyone has a different memory.

BTW, thanks Dave for looking up the info you put up.  In my head, I was thinking that Patti was playing there sooner than she did.

I'm trying to catch up w/ all the reading here.  I was gonna read that Trax/Hell interview now but I think it'll have to wait till tomorrow as it's so long, but it should be interesting. And I see that Keith has new articles up to read too....YaY!

Another thing of question, I wonder who it was w/ Tom when he was walking down the street, saw Hilly on the ladder and talked to him.  The stories being that it was Tom and R. Hell, Tom and R. Lloyd, all 3 of them together, or Tom and some honky-tonk piano player. haha  Wonder which is the truth...