From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of robin
dunn
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:48 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) screenplay question

a "silver disc" is one that is commercially burned -- rather than the type
we burn as home, which are cd-rs.  on dime, people will say "from silver
disc" to indicate the rip is straight from the original (fewer chances for
digital errors).

you can tell when you buy a bootleg cd if it is a cd-r or a "silver"
(commercially burned) disc by looking at it -- cd-rs sort of "show" the
burned material -- you see the alternation in the silver disc.  "silver
discs" are just straight silver -- you can't see that they've been "burned."

not sure if i've over- or under-explained.  hope that helps.