Re: (TV) How to insert a 'break' into a long tv song

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:05:08 -0500
"Leo Casey" <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> Everyone is probably working hard or preparing for the Holidays, so expect
> there might not be much of a response to my technical Q.
>
> Despite several hours using Audacity, I can not figure out exactly how to
> insert a "break" into a long song (wav file).  Is this easy to doin a few
> steps?

There are a couple of ways to do this. I don't have Audacity at my
fingertips, but the most simple is to select the part(s) you don't want
and cut them with a Ctrl-X.  The bit you're left with can then be exported
as a WAV file (since Audacity saves in its own proprietary format).

You can even select a short section at the end and choose Fade Out from
the effects menu and have it fade rather than end abruptly.  There's also
a Fade In function you can apply at the front.