(TV) Domain and webhosting question

________________________________

Hi everyone,

I find my crappy tunes to
be homeless once again after the demise of yet another host site.  Rather than
signin g up with soundclick or something like that I figured why not register
a domain and then host my own website so its all me ha ha.  I also want to
start a blog of one of my hobbies.

The first two are to learn about wtf I'm
doing so I want to try and generate a pathetic income of ads, links,
donations, etc just to see how it works though I do not expect to make a dime
off of this.

I know lots of you registered domains and have or had kick ass
sites (i.e. Keith and Maurice, Andy, etc).    For the first two, I don't want
to pay a lot but do want to post mp3's on one so need a bit of band width.
Any recommendations on which site to use?

I've looke at godaddy, hostmonster,
etc and am getting fairly confused (i.e. do I need ssl).

Thanks in advance,
greg