(TV) "Beef" between Hell and Lloyd?

Much've been said about Richard Hell's mostly un-flattering memories of Tom
Verlaine, but after reading the autobiography and seeing the Prism interviews
with Hell and Richard Lloyd, I had to wonder: what made the relationship
between these two gents so sour?

Even if Hell criticise a lot of people in the book, he usually also
acknowledge their virtues. But not in the case of Lloyd. Lloyd is mentioned
three times in the book, of which only his partaking in a S/M triangle could
be regarded as somewhat neutral in Hell's tone. The former bandmate is also
said to be, more or less, a mythomaniac who created untrustworthy stories.
(This could be about Lloyd's, in recent years, talking about his closeness to
Jimi Hendrix, but it's not spelled out.)

But most intriguing is the way both men differ when it comes to Lloyd's
introduction to what would soon become Television. In his Youtube interview,
Lloyd said that he, when he first heard Verlaine play, realised that Verlaine
had something he himself didn't had, and that he himself had something
Verlaine didn't had, and that made the collaboration interesting for everyone
concerned. This sound like a perfectly plausible explanation to me. For Hell,
there seems to have been no musically founded reasons whatsoever for including
Lloyd in the group: the sole reason should have been that Terry Ork wanted to
have gay sex with the bleach-blonde guitarist.

How about that? Could that really be true?

Chronically, does this make sense? As far as I recall, Lloyd's drug addiction
kicked in after the release of "MM", and became steadily worse over the years
until he finally got his act together here in Sweden; and it should have been
during this dark era, from the late 70's to the mid-80's, his gay-hustling
took place. I've never heard anything like this before.

In any case, it seems like these wo have some unfinished business with each
other.

Leif J, Sweden