(TV) new interview - Bing translation

Translation using Bing and some of my own grammatical ammendments:

/[The influence of Tom Verlaine and Television across the entire history
of through punk rock, new wave, noise, indie, art-rock and many other
streams. Marquee Moon, the historic debut of the band, published in
1977, redefined what could get a Quartet with the basic training of two
violas, bass and drums, and it influenced a countless amount of bands
and artists, U2 and R.E.M. to Sonic Youth and The Strokes. Before the
first show of Television in Argentina, tomorrow April 23 at the Vorterix
Theatre, Tom Verlaine ahead he will like this historical recital
repertoire.]/

/How would you describe this new version of Television?/

In fact it is not a new version, since Jimmy Ripp has played with us
since 1991. [perhaps Tom means 1981?] For me it is something quite
similar, I can't find too many differences.

/Does it surprise you the fact that Jimmy has lived for some time in
Buenos Aires?/

The truth is, not that much. It is probably a good place to live. There
are other musicians who have visited Argentina and told me that they
want to move, because they don't have to live all the time under the
weight of large corporations, like here in my country.

/This meeting is rather casual, or would you define it as a stable project?/

It is a project with continuity, we have a disc half-finished, with
about six songs already recorded.

/Isthe Repertoire of the show taken from the albums of the Group?/

We usually also do some new songs. Right now I'm working on a new song
that we'll possibly play in Buenos Aires [while speaking plays a fluid
arpeggio on the electric guitar].

/Already have the song name?/

Not completely, but possibly be something about birds.

/It is not the first time that your guitar is associated with birds,
Patti Smith described your sound saying that you play the guitar as a
"thousand bluebirds crying".

/Yes, I know that line, that's because our first song was called
"Bluebirds", and had a sound almost country and western, but not exactly.

/You were one of the first groups to play at the CBGB./

In fact, we were the first group to play there.

/When they began around 1975, even before punk, Music Television was
radically different from everything that was heard at that time./

That is true, but we never were a punk rock band. Perhaps the Ramones
could be called a punk band, but we didn't have anything to do with it,
I never listen to that music.

/You don't feel like being part of a movement?

/The truth is, no. I liked some of the people who played at that time,
but the music was very different.

/Even with the Patti Smith Group?/

I'm a friend of hers and some musicians from her band, but I don't see a
relationship between what they were doing and what we were doing. Again,
they were different things.

By Claudio Kleiman