Re: (TV) "the fire " video/

From what I've heard he only used the Jags/Jazzmasters because they were
cheap. They were a bitch to keep in tune, so the strat is what he probably wanted all along. He loves those lipstick tube pickups he has in his strat.

Nice video. Thanks Amilcar. Like Deb, I too am glad they resurrected The Fire. This song reminds me I wish Television/Tom solo had used slide guitar on more songs, as the slide really helps make The Fire sound special, plus in general I like the sound of slide. So expressive (to my ears). Rip seems to do a good
job with the slide part.

Btw, has Tom abandoned Jazzmasters & Jaguars in
favour of Strats for live performances by now? From recent videos, it looks
like Television's turned into a twin Strat band.
________________________________
From: postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:13:50 AM
Subject: Re: (TV)
"the fire " video/

'The Fire'...now this is what I'm talkin' about. Wooo
Hooo! This sounds gorgeous. I believe Tom has talked in the past about how he didn't like to play slow songs much on tour as he didn't think they went over well with the audiences, well, this one seemed to def go over well. Maybe the success of that will make Tom change his mind. Thanks Television for playing that, if they would only add 'Torn Curtain' to their set list, that would make
me happy.

Thanks Amilcar for this and the music download too, I haven't had
time to hear it yet, but I plan to hear it today.  Thanks for recording and
sharing all of this...very nice of you.

Deb

--- On Sun, 4/28/13, amilcar