 From: robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com>
To:
tv@obbard.com; television-group@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2013
5:23 PM
Subject: (TV) patti in austin (peripheral verlaine content) (includes
UFOs)

saw patti in austin last night.  great show, she was in great humor,
very up and sounding great (i saw her the day before at a radio taping and it
was the same thing).  the highlight was definitely "distant fingers," which
she introduced with a story about tom and UFOs.

she said back in 1974, when
she and tom were both playing CBs, they'd go out to the alley between sets and
"do things" (laughing).  she said the sky back then was full of UFOs over
CBGB's (they're gone now, she says), and she and tom would watch them
together.  she said she wrote the song for him.

(i'm sure none of this is
new, but she told it well.)

i think i read once that when she picked her
current home, she knew immediately when she saw it that it was the right
place, because inside was this huge spaceship sign that she and tom used to
look at together.  or something like that.

some pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22655698@N02/

if anyone sees a recording, let me
know.

just looking for something to do because TV won't play here,