Re: (TV) patti in austin (peripheral verlaine content) (includes UFOs)

This is going to sound a bit, er, "out there", but I've often wondered if
Tom is an alien abductee. I'm serious. I don't know if anyone else on the
list has studied the subject of UFOs and alien abduction to any degree, but
I have. For around 30 years, actually. It is a serious topic as anyone who
truly digs into it will soon discover.

Anyway, Tom seems to have a fascination with the subject, going back a long
way. Song lyrics like "Up in the high, high hills, with my floating
friends"; then in "I Am Daylight" he sings: "It sounds funny, but they kind
of fly around".

Lots of UFO/space imagery throughout his songs: 'Mars", "The Rocket", not
to mention the overall sci-fi tone of much of his work. "Souvenir From A
Dream" is another one that seemingly contains abduction imagery.

Okay, flame away!

Glenn C.