(TV) Suicide/UFO's/Classic records in full

Re:  Suicide was supposed to be performing their first album that night.  I
bought tix and literally flew across the country to see them...and they
canceled.

Robin, I don't think that was much to shed tears over. I saw one of these
Suicide shows in Copenhagen, and if Rev seemed to be a vivid, actually
somewhat UFO-like, pensioner, then Vega had lost 100% of his singing
abilities. Furthermore, he had to be led in onto the stage and then led out
and then led back in for the encore and then finally led out. I think most of
the audience thought that perhaps it would have been easier and more
comfortable for all concerned if he had been wheeled in and out instead.
Nothing indicates that anything like this will be the case in Melbourne, but
this spectacle three years ago may seriously have curbed my enthusiasm for the
"Marquee Moon"-in full-event, and for all such events. There's something not
quite sound about this kind of nostalgia.
Here's a taste of what it looked and sounded like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oy1mOGguFQ
Leif J, Sweden