 De:
postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net>
Para: tv@obbard.com
Enviado: lunes, 6
de mayo de 2013 13:51
Asunto: Re: (TV) Tom and UFO's/SciFi

I really like
the intimacy of the acoustic shows, where Tom seems maybe more relaxed and
willing to interact w/ the audience members. Plus I like that period of shows
when he would do that song..."Man in the Backyard".
If I was at a Tom show...I
would be calling out for that song.  In this show here I believe he says that
his room was in the attic, where he would imagine that someone(a jerk)was in
the backyard.

He also plays that song, "Harmonica Joe" and "A Walk in
Beautiful Hell"...I hadn't heard those before.

I guess nowadays if he does a
Tom solo show, he prefers to play w/ Jimmy Rip, which does fill out the songs
a bit.

Deb

--- On Mon, 5/6/13, Glenn Cooper <glennwaynecooper@gmail.com>
wrote:

> From: Glenn Cooper <glennwaynecooper@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: (TV)
Tom and UFO's/SciFi
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Date: Monday, May 6, 2013, 3:01 AM

I just played the '88 show, too. I've
> always loved that acoustic shows
> and
play them as much as anything.

postitnote wrote:
> > This is for Glen and Bob too, if he's interested.
found this short discussion in the MM archives re: Tom,
> UFO's and asst.
SciFi stuff.

http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0410/msg00103.html

> > Also in this
show I'm listening to of Tom in San Fran,
> from '88, he even does an acoustic
version of that old song