Re: (TV) Interesting blog post from Richard Lloyd

Really enjoyed that Lloyd post. On a related note, I recently came across a series of posts of excellent footage of various bands at CBs, Hurrah, etc. during the late '70s/early '80s. Here's one of Richard H. and the Voidoids doing "Love Comes in Spurts": http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2012/08/20/nightclubbing-richard-hell-and-the-voidoids/. The accompanying text includes the following:

'Sex Pistols impresario Malcolm McLaren purportedly looked at a poster
 of Television in 1974, pointed at Richard and said, bI want to start a
band that looks like him.b

'With his chopped hair and ripped-up shirt, Hell looked like nobody
else. And with his kinetic, jangly stage presence and slinky bass, he
sounded like nobody else. bRichard had some charisma you canbt buy in a
store and apply to yourself like a cream,b recalled Television
guitarist, Richard Lloyd. bHe had bit,b the inimitable bit,b the
mysterious bit.b His loopy bass lines were cartoonish in their
wonderment; he was fantastic.b'

There's also one of the band doing a cover of bGame of Loveb by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders: http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2013/03/22/nightclubbing-richard-hell-and-the-voidoids-1979/.

The entire series of "Nightclubbing" posts can be found here: http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/category/nightclubbing/. I haven't had a chance to listen to it all, but it includes folks like Pylon, the Raybeats, John Cale, the Dead Boys, Iggy, and more, as well as various lesser-known/less-long-lived acts.

- Jesse

P.S. It's possible that I actually came upon these posts because someone posted something here recently. Apologies if that's the case - the old memory ain't what it used to be (at least if my memory of what it used to be is correct).