(TV) Tommy Keene records "Guiding Light"

Looks like the new Tommy Keene
record, "Excitement at Your Feet," is an
all-covers deal, featuring
largely lesser-known tracks - one of which is
"Guiding Light" (well
known to us, sure, but certainly not the most famous
Television song).

Full track list below from an e-mail forwarded by a friend.
- Jesse

> ISSUE AND DATE
>

>TOMMY KEENE- EXCITEMENT
AT YOUR FEET

>to be released SEPTEMBER 17th!
>
>on SECOND MOTION
RECORDS

>Covers: The Rolling Stones, Big Star, The Who,
>
>Television,
Flamin' Groovies and many more!!

>B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  Available in
CD, Limited Vinyl and Digital Download!

>B B B B B B B B B  Buy one of the
two limited edition bundles and get the digital download now!!!

>Bundle #1 Includes CD, Vinyl, Instant Digital Download and VERY limited RSD
7" Single for "Back To Zero Now"!! Click here to order! Once these are gone
they are gone so order right now! Only about two dozen of these in stock!

>Bundle #2 Includes CD, Vinyl and Instant Digital Download. Click here
to order!

>(log back into secondmotionrecords website after purchase
and get your download immediately!)

>Or keep it old school and just
order the CD or Vinyl LP by clicking here. Keeping in mind product will be
shipped for Sept 17th release.

>TOMMY KEENE TURNS TOB UNOBVIOUS
COVERSB

>FOR HIS TENTH ALBUM,B EXCITEMENT AT YOUR FEET
>
>On his new
release, out September 17 on Second Motion Records,

>Keene curates a
selection of covers that you and your friends know . . .

>but your neighbors
probably donbt.

>http://secondmotionrecords.com/artists/tommy-keene.html
>

> Album Info
>
>ExcitementB is largely about the artistbs personal
musical inspiration. Tommy pays tribute to his aforementioned British Invasion
heroes, but also his East Coast punk/new wave roots with covers of Television
and Mink Deville. On a more contemporary note, he also tips his hat to Keene
Brothers partner Robert Pollard with a cover of Guided By Voicesb bChoking
Tara.b Other gems include Echo & the Bunnymenbs bThe Puppetb and Roxy
Musicbs bOut of the Blue.b

>B (Excitement is not Tommybs only covers
record to be released this year. His version of Slim Dunlapbs bNowheres
Nearb was released as the flip side of Lucinda Williamsb take on
Dunlapbs bPartners in Crime.b The very limited 7-inch singles were
auctioned to raise money for the ailing former Replacements guitarist. Other
bSongs for Slimb participants are the Replacements (in the b90s, Tommy
was part of ex-Replacement Paul Westerbergbs touring band), Jakob Dylan,
Steve Earle and others. And in yet other release news, Tommybs extremely
rare first LP, Strange Alliance, has been reissued on vinyl by the
Austin-based label 12XU, which also reissued Tommybs first 7-inch single,
bBack to Zerob b/w bMr. Roland.b)

>B The covers LP follows
2011bsB Behind The Parade. A tour for the fall is in the works.

>B  B  B
B  B  B

>B Preorder Here:B
>
>http://secondmotionrecords.com/artists/tommy-keene.html
>

>Tracklisting
>
>1. Have You Seen My Baby?- The Flaminb Groovies
>
>2. The
Puppet- Echo & The Bunnymen

>3. Much Too Much- The Who
>
>4. I Laugh In Your
Face- The Bee Gees

>5. Let Me Dream If I Want To- Mink DeVille
>
>6. Catch
The Wind- Donovan

>7. Guiding Light- Television
>
>8. Ride On Baby- The
Rolling Stones

>9. Choking Tara- Guided By Voices
>
>10. Nighttime- Big Star
>
>11. Out Of The Blue- Roxy Music

>B Preorder Here:B
>
>http://secondmotionrecords.com/artists/tommy-keene.html

>Album
Formats and Tour

>Formats Avaialble:

>Excitement At Your
FeetB Bundle- LP, CD, Digital and RSD 7"

>Excitement At Your Feet
Bundle-B LP, CD, Digital

>Excitement At Your Feet- LP
>
>Excitement At
Your Feet- CD

>Excitement At Your Feet- Digital

>TOMMY KEENE ON
TOUR!

>Sept 11 - Sellersville Theatre, Sellersville PA
>
>Sept 12 - Indium,
New York, NY

>Sept 13 - 9:30 Club, Washington DC
>
>Sept 14 - Schoolkids
Records Instore 3:30pm!!!

>Sept 14 - Kings Barcade, Raleigh, NC
>
>w/ Kenny
Roby

>Schoolkids Records, Second Motion
Records & Blurt Magazine B |B  2114 Hillsborough Street B |B  Raleigh, NC
27607 B |B  http://www.schoolkidsrecords.com
>Subscribe B b"B  Unsubscribe
B b"B  Preferences B b"B  Send to a Friend B b"B  Report Spam