(TV) Richard Lloyd's (positive) review of the CBGB movie

Richard Lloyd left a long post in the comments thread at that Dangerous Min
ds piece on the CBGB movie.
SPIN mag mentioned today it here:
http://ti
nyurl.com/n4bpt9j
I don't think Lloyd's comment was yet post at DM when I
 saw the thread. Did anyone else notice it?
Unlike the DM writer & many o
ther commenters Richard liked the movie. A lot, apparently. DM:

http:/
/tinyurl.com/n4bpt9j
Scroll down the comments to see it, or read it below
.

Here's Lloyd's comment from DM:
QUOTE:

"Some remarks from Ric
hard Lloyd, one of the founding members of Television
I thought that the
 first third or so of the movie almost to the
halfway point was quite go
od, and many

of the actors and actresses both
looked like and acte
d like their real-life characters. That having been

said, I think the
 emphasis on Hilly always being on the verge of
bankrupt was neither com
pletely true
in the first couple of years,
meaning 75 – 80, an
d my own band Television was packing the place

right
about the tim
e that Patti Smith began playing there. Terry Ork, in
addition to being
the manager

of Television, also booked the bands into
CBGBs for ne
arly 3 years, and we never had more than two

bands and night playing
two sets each.
The fact was that Television had been speaking about find
ing a place
where we could be the house
band and perform more often in
 order to
develop an audience. Using a formula from the double
feature
 at the
movies,Terry would book 2 bands per night, so that for instance
Talking
Heads would
perform followed by Television, then again Talking
 Heads
would play third, and Television would
end the night.
But I
enjoyed the transition of real-life into cartoon segments
resembling sti
lls from Punk Magazine,
and the written out comic book
sound effects (
Whoooosh!, Plang!, Zonk!). I felt this was a great way
to transit from sc
ene to scene. There were very few places in NY if any
that would allow n
ew music
– so very soon after Television began playing CBGBs, ban
ds seem to literally begin to appear out of
nowhere and found themselves
with CBGBs as a home base.
That first era, was a near miraculous blend o
f very different
sounding and yet with all the bands
clearly belonged
to the same new
wave of music that the journalists had no idea of what t
o call

us until
Punk Magazine gave them a convenient label which w
as then used on all
the bands both
in New York and in London.
Of th
e New York bands there were very few who embraced the term Punk, but the mu
sic makes

the name and the name describes the music and in
hindsig
ht it could not have been any other way.
I look forward to the premier l
ater this month and although I think
that the reviewer in many cases
as dead accurate, the historical
liberties that the movie-makers used di
dn't bother me – every band
there, and every separate musician in
 each of the bands embodied
something so unique and exquisite
that it
would be impossible to cast
the characters any better than the casting a
gent for this film seem

achieve. Now that's enough from me �� and I hope the movie does good
business because it is filled

with a wonderful sense of Hilly's
integrity and bands of musicians wh
ose dreams actually came true.