(TV) (OT) Protomartyr

Well I think some of you like the last band I went out of my way to recomme
nd (Parquet Courts) so I thought why not try again.  I've been listening in
cessantly to a Detroit band called Protomartyr, they have an LP called "No
Passion All Technique" which is out on Urinal Cake records (vinyl only I th
ink) and iTunes.
Noisy post-punky guitar based rock, agitated semi-ranted vocals with great
albeit seemingly tossed-off lyrics. Reminds me of lots of bands at differen
t times... Wire, Birthday Party, Husker Du, Mission of Burma, Pere Ubu, GBV
, and even Fear.   Did I mention the record has guitars on it? Becoming rar
er every week I think.
Not much about them on the interwebs, just a Facebook page, a label page, a
nd a positive Pitchfork review. YouTube footage reveals them to be a strang
e combo... what to me looks like a defrocked priest and three high school k
ids.
Or maybe that's just my 13 years of Catholic school manifesting themselves
in projected neurosis again.