RE: (TV) So, who saw the first Marquee Moon run -through last night?

Hi Keith and everyone,
After 14 years of solid lurking, I feel I finally have something worthy to
contribute.
I was there last night. It was one of the greatest.
The festival moved to the Palais Theatre in St. Kilda, which proved the
perfect environment for "Marquee Moon" in its entirety.
I've never felt so much anticipation from a crowd before a show.
And a friend who had seen them in Japan had a dire prediction, 'There are
going to be waves of disappointment through this hall,' he said.
There wasn't.
They really pulled out a magnificent set.

They played 'Torn Curtain'.
It actually got one of the biggest reactions of the set, as can happen with
songs that feel like they're going to fall apart and the crowd leans in and
tries to help out. And feels, when the band get to a triumphant end that
they've somehow managed to help them over the line. Or is that just me?
They played 'Guiding Light' and closing my eyes it felt like a Curtis
Mayfield song.

I must mention, at this point, that I had a high fever and was barely
holding myself together.
Jimmy Rip looked amazing and sounded great and his lines felt like a great
homage to Richard.

Now, back to bed.

Cheers
Christopher