(TV) austin show, and pics

finally saw television!

after all these years, i actually had
 pretty muted expectations going
in.  reunion show, festival, no richa
rd lloyd, and anyway, think about it -- even we, the dedicated few, mostly
just bitch
about what television does wrong a great deal of the time.

that said, absolutely loved the show.  my only complaint, besid
es missing richard, and dennis not being the opener, was that it was too sh
ort.  after enduring a weekend full of seemingly interminable sets by oth
er bands (so many bad bands...), television's 45 minutes or so seemed to go
 by in five.  and like someone else said, seeing them live shows you see
how good they are.  billy is amazing, and it was surprising to see how mu
ch of the lead work was richard's.

i'm very excited to think th
ere may be a recording.  i got some pics, here:

http://www.flickr.co
m/photos/22655698@N02/

in one tom is tuning, and in most of the rest h
e seems to be staring at his headstock tuner.  has he always used one?
 tuning seemed to be a minimum, actually.  also, leo, because i remember
you were tracking this:  tom is smoking again; i saw him offstage.  not
 sure if they were export a...

xo

robin