Re: (TV) A few words from Verlaine

On Wed, 7 May 2014 08:20:59 -0400
Jay Pontrelli <jpontrelli44@gmail.com> wrote:

> What. Was. That.

That was a "writer" completely blowing an interview.  For someone who
claims Tom's a huge idol of his, he seems to have done zero research
into his subject.  He even said that the Neon Boys came after the first
breakup!

"...I asked him if the current trends involving vintage styles and
vinyl were prohibiting us from moving forwards."  This was when I echoed
Jay's sentiment above.

A quick synopsis: paragraph 1 - a bad overview of TV and Tom's timeline.

P2: In which the writer blows his own horn about being only one of five
getting to talk to Tom at this particular event.

P3 and P4: In which the writer totally drops the ball with inane
questions and inadvertently asks what we're all thinking: "What will
be the point of this interview?"

P5: In which we get the single Tom quote that isn't a variation on
"Not interested", and no followups on it.

P6: In which the author spins some bullshit about getting Tom's
character with absolutely nothing to base it on.

I'm not a writer but I've done plenty of interviews, and I'm a little
pissed that this clown got to talk to Tom when almost anyone else would
have been better.