Re: (TV) Words Not From The Front (of the Club)

On Tue, 13 May 2014 13:44:01 -0400
"Leo Casey" <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> If Television ever return to Boston, I can only hope that they play
> somewhere else instead of the Paradise Rock Club.  Unfortunately, I have
> been told by sources that Impresario Don Law , its owner (owner of 80% of
> all Boston venues) has a stranglehold/monopoly on where acts play ,.... even
> to the point of threatening bands' managers that they'll never again play in
> Boston if  they don't play at his clubs.

I'm glad it was a good performance!  Sadly, you're right about Law and his
hold over the venues bands have open to them.  It wouldn't be as bad if
they'd get a decent sound system in there.  A few of my friends who do
live sound for venues have bemoaned the Paradise's total lack of fucks
given to equipment upgrades or acoustic treatments for the room.

You'd had the secret to seeing a show there - get up close to the stage,
where you're behind the house speakers.  It's not always possible depending
on the crowd, though.