Re: Reading / Byrne / FW: (TV) Barclay gig

No, they were not together at all. The Unicorns was the first opener,
Television was the second opener, then Dan Deacon was on for about 40
minutes (so they can set up the stage for Arcade Fire - which has a pretty
big production) before Arcade Fire.

David Byrne was on the GA floor while Arcade Fire was on, until say 3-4
songs before when he is supposed to join Arcade Fire. I know this because I
was standing right next to him and his friend. Then David Byrne went
backstage to get his makeup on to do that one song with Arcade Fire (that
was the first song for the 4 encore songs). I have the Arcade Fire set list
somewhere if anyone is interested.

Most of the members of Arcade Fire were in the audience when The Unicorns
and Television played. I was standing right next to most of the Arcade Fire
guys (to the left of Richard Perry and Will Butler) and right in front of
Win Butler. Though by the time Television came on, the Arcade Fire guys
went to the side as there were too many people then, and a handful of
idiots kept bothering Win.

Television played for about 45-50 minutes. At the end of See No Evil (I
think), Tom did some really weird hand gestures dance - like flipping his
palms vertically. I don't recall him doing that before. The version of Torn
Curtain that they played was the highlight, in my opinion, with Tom playing
a very, very moving guitar solo.

I didn't see Television in the audience during the Arcade Fire part so
either they were backstage or they left.

Win said at one point during the show that he had listened to Marqueen Moon
"one hundred thousand times."