(TV) Clem Burke praises Billy

In his list of 10 essential drum albums, Blondie drummer Clem Burke has this to say (http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/clem-burke-picks-10-essential-drum-albums-606260/10):

"Great band and great drummer – Billy Ficca. For people who aren’t familiar with him, he’s kind of like a rock ‘n’ roll Elvin Jones. In my opinion, Marquee Moon is one of the top 10 records of all time. The songs, the playing, Andy Johns’ production, the sound of the guitars and the drums – it’s all like one big stroke of genius.

“On the re-release of the album, I think they included the first Television single, Little Johnny Jewel. The drums on that track are just unheard of. Without question, Billy Ficca is the best drummer to come out of the whole mid-‘70s New York rock ‘n’ roll scene.”

-Jesse