From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Dennis D
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:54 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) NYU Gig

From what I heard, don't expect a regular set. I didn't get many details but

met a member of the band for dinner on Tuesday and he confirmed it is an
instrumental
set. Let's see if this post shows up. Many of mine don't show up, or if
there do it is a day or two later.

Went to the Wye Oak show at NYU Skirball Hall tonight, part of the Joshua
Light Show residency (6 shows, 6 bands, 3 nights).  The venue is a
beautiful auditorium.  JLS projects on a 25 foot square screen.  The band
played a normal 75 minute set of songs.  (For those interested, Wye Oak is
an indie duo out of Baltimore, a bit shoegazy, and fun).  The concept is a
tribute to JLS as the house light show at the Fillmore East in 68 and 69,
with various bands chosen as counterpoint to the light show.

So unless someone knows something directly from Tom and the boys, I would
expect tomorrow night's show to be a regular Television set.  The show
started at 7:35, so if you are going...be prompt.

Looking forward to the show!!  (I do still have that extra ticket, but that
is NOT the purpose of this post)

- andy in nyc