 From: Maurice Rickard <maurice@me.com>
To: "tv@obbard.com" <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Friday, November 7, 2014 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Re:

James Jamerson is indeed the first alternative who came to mind
(followed by Duck Dunn), but I was adhering to a strict genre taxonomy,
thinking, well, it's not pop/rock but more pop/R&B.  But if you want to
compare them directly, I'd say the roles of the bass are still different
between the two: groove (JJ) vs second-guitar-melody in a lot of places
(Richard Davis).

Both fine records, though.

<glennwaynecooper@gmail.com>

>> Van's