(TV) (OT) Chris Butler

I know that some of you are interested in what Chris Butler's getting up to since Tin Huey and the Waitresses so here's the press release for the latest interesting venture! (I don't know if the List will accept formatted emails, so I'm just sending the copy.)

It's worth a look and musicians or not we want people to contribute. There's some good folks on there - Feelies, Liam Sternberg, Fear of Falling, The Know-It-All Boyfriends, R. Stevie Moore, Harvey Gold, me, for example
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*“THE INFINITE GLITCH” WEBSITE GOES “LIVE”**
**ON TUESDAY, JUNE 16TH , 2015 at NOON (EDT)!!!*

- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -

*A TALE OF THREE “GLITCHES”*
Chris Butler's "The Devil Glitch" was released in 1996 and the next
year was certified by the Guinness Book of World Records as the
 longestpop song ever recorded, practically filling an entire CD.

*BUT THE SONG WASN'T LONG ENOUGH*
In 2007, Keith Allison (graphics) and Scott Anthony (audio/Sys Op)
built “The Major Glitch”, the online version of the song that didn’t
have the length restrictions of a CD (only 74 minutes), and an open
call for anyone to submit additional choruses stretched the song’s
length to over two hours.

*BUT THE SONG WASN'T LONG ENOUGH*
Now, in 2015, and joined by ace programmer Mike Kilmer, we are
proud to announce the launching on June 16th of “The Infinite Glitch”.

You can’t get longer than “infinite”…can you?  Well, actually you can:
“The new site makes it easier for anyone to submit choruses through
our online Recording Tools page.

And the new Infinite Glitch player is just that – endlessly looping
the  original long song’s chunks plus all the submissions we’ve
received so far for as long as the electricity stays on.”

An entirely new feature is The Glitch Oracle - ask a question and access song's wisdom. The site also includes the current version of “The Major Glitch” – a linear
sound sculpture and extension of the original 69 minute Guinness winner, now
clocking in at over four hours, plus chunk stories and submitter bios, lyrics
(well over 1,000 choruses) and more.

*BUT THE SONG /STILL/ ISN'T LONG ENOUGH*
“I want the song to eventually hold the sum total of human knowledge,” Butler
says in tongue-in-cheek seriousness, “.…and we still have a way to go.”

*WEBSITE:  http://infiniteglitch.net*

For more information, please contact:
Chris Butler
cbeezwax@gmail.com