Re: (TV) Oh fuck! David Bowie R.I.P.

When my alarm went off this AM, my wife clutched my arm to say "there's
something I need to tell you before you check your phone". I wasn't
relieved it wasn't about my parents, though I suppose she would have awaken
me in the night if that were the case. Still, I'm very bummed out this
morning. Like Lennon's DOUBLE FANTASY, I won't even be able to hear
BLACKSTAR (which I live very much) the same way again.

I thought DB looked dangerously thin (even for Bowie) in photos taken at
the Lazarus premiere last month. I'm guessing the new videos were shot many
months ago, because he looks much healthier by comparison. But of course
all of the imagery in those videos will take on new meaning, now.

I've always respected Bowie's ability to be super-famous but also private
at the same time -- and he managed this in death, too. He went out
following his own script to the last.

Also, to keep this OT, he was one of Television's earliest boosters, and
his cover of "Kingdom Come" (extra-relevant today) has been a nice gift to
Tom Verlaine over the years...

Phil