Re: 2004 / RE: Missing NYC Ticket Stub

Yep, I was there! Memorable for a few reasons:

1. Only time I ever saw Television at that venue.

2. Only I ever saw Patti Smith live. I wasn't looking forward to it, but she was GREAT - a far better show (that night) than what Television played. Magnetic, rocking, etc.

3. Television's set was, as I recall, a bit truncated. They did not play "Marquee Moon", for example. It was a lackluster performance, for them.

4. Prior to the show, I spied David Byrne at the bar. I found my friend in the crowd and told him, "I just saw David Byrne!" He told me another friend had just seen Brian Eno, too (though I didn't personally confirm this).

In other news, I'm seeing Luna tonight in Boston.

Have a great weekend, all,

Phil