RE: Marquee Moon's 40th Anniversary release date

Dave,

I think John Rockwell's "this past week" was/is a little sloppy (lazy?), and
I wouldn't have much faith in trying to work backwards from the article's
date of 2/20/1977. (Moreover, 2/20/1977 was the date the article was
published, but Rockwell could have easily written that article 7-10 days
earlier before handing it in to his editor at the NY Times.)

I have always gone with February 8, 1978, but I'd have to go looking through
my yellow, dog-eared clippings to see if I can definitively say its release
date was the 8th.

The only thing I could find on Keith's The Wonder was this,
http://www.thewonder.co.uk/nyr1.htm

which claims February 8th

There is also this:
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1438-televisions-punk-epic-marquee-moon-40-yea
rs-later/

And this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquee_Moon#CITEREFAnon.2007a

Albeit Wikipedia is only as accurate as the person who is the author and
his/her sources.  The long article on the album has many footnotes, but its
Feb. 8th date does not have a footnote/source specifically dedicated to that
date.

Keith, what's your take on the definitive release date?

  Leo

PS: Dave, maybe you could track down Jack Holtzman[sp?], the founder of
Elektra Records---if he's still alive--and ask him :> )
Richard Lloyd or Fred Smith would know. From reading a million interviews of
Verlaine, he has a terrible memory (he even got razzed about how poor it was
it by the rest of the band when there 3rd album came out in 1992).

-----Original Message---- From: tv-owner@obbard.com