Re: Tech Q / Recommend File Format Convertor

Hi Leo!

Have you tried Handbrake?  It's free, and (in my experience) clean. https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Hope all's well!
-M

On Feb 23, 2017, at 5:36 PM, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi, My query may be more appropriate for the other Television mailing list, but I’m a desperate man :> )

 I already have an application/software to download YouTube videos [namely, VSO Downloader 5].

After the VSO software downloads, it gives the option to Convert the just downloaded file (e.g., say a .FLV file) to another File extension (e.g., say to a .MP4 file or to an .AVI file).

However, VSO’s built-in File-Convertor is agonizingly slow. In the past, I had used the software/applications FreeYouTube Video-Downloader or FreeMake Video-Downloader to Convert downloaded files. BUT both have built-in Malware or viruses when you download the latest versions. (And even if I wanted to use them, my Norton Anti-Virus Software automatically deletes them both, accompanied by a message that says they are both dangerous.

My Question: Can anyone recommend a free Conversion application that doesn’t also add Malware or a virus when you first download the application itself, and which is relatively fast?

Leo