Re: New Television album (includes an instrumental?)

Every day is april 1 when it comes to a new album

On Apr 1, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Dave Marin <dwmarin@gmail.com> wrote:

Today is April 1 right

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 1, 2017, at 12:41 PM, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

A new Television album has been released on the RedMusic/SuperEgo label. Anyone ever heard of it?

All I could find was this: http://www.redmusic.com/label/superego-records/

Originally entitled, "Drifter In The Snow", but the released cd/download is entitled "Sleep All Day".

An instrumental track is called 'Ms. Ferry (Biker-Surfer)'

I haven't been able to find a place to buy/dnld the album yet, but you can watch them perform an earlier incarnation of the instrumental here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5eNDbHP_U

Surprisingly, the album apparently does not contain the song 'Persia' (originally a semi-instrumental) maybe new lyrics TV came up with didn't meet his high standards (maybe too high?).

https://www.amazon.com/Both-Superego-Records

https://www.amazon.com/More-Drifter-Snow-Superego-Records

Fred Smith and someone named Alfred Vail[?] co-produced with Verlaine

A quick search says it was recorded at Avatar Studios, I think this used to be known as The Power Station (441 W. 53rd St., NYC).

Only thing I could find on Vail is here:

http://search.proquest.com/bostonglobe/docview/1753362054/3CB6A62AFCF148E8PQ/12?accountid=46914

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/television-mn0000019701/discography

            Leo