Re: Richard Hell RIchard Lloyd Tome Verlaine Saucer Crash

I like that.

On 8/18/2019 7:45 AM, Scott Simpson wrote:
If you have ghosts, then you have everything.

-----Original Message-----
From: tv-owner@obbard.com <tv-owner@obbard.com> On Behalf Of Jay Pontrelli
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 5:27 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: Richard Hell RIchard Lloyd Tome Verlaine Saucer Crash

I think TV is done

Stick a fork in him

On Aug 17, 2019, at 3:48 PM, Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:

Listening to Saucer Crash right now. Thinking about Verlaine's obsession
with UFOs.  (Spoiler) The last page of Hell's autobiography talks about a
chance meeting of the two fellas - probably around 2012, while Hell was
writing his book, where he spots Verlaine rummaging in the cut out bin of a
bargain book store. Hell walks up to him and casually asks if he's finding
any good UFO books. His description of Verlane is a bit scary - disheveled
and brown toothed and a bit crazy looking. It occurred to me that Verlaine
is the successor to Roky Erickson.
I finished Lloyd's autobiography late last year and found Hell's autobio a
couple weeks ago (along with Graham Nash's - which is also a page turner). I
was never into Hell, but I have new abiding respect for him. (Cool info
about Thunders, and Quine)  Not quite done with it yet but highly recommend
it (as I do with Lloyds). Fills in a lot of missing pieces. I wonder if
Verlaine has an autobiography in him?

---