Richard Hell news

I just checked his website for the first time in a while, and noticed this..

"...Astoundingly, after nearly 40 years Richard has discovered and recovered the original multi-track tapes of his second album Destiny Street (thanks to the sharp eyes and generosity of Scheebo Pampillonia and the former owners of the long gone Intergalactic recording studios in NYC). In September he went into the studio with ace producer Nick Zinner (guitarist for Yeah Yeah Yeahs) and superb engineer (and Tony Visconti protégé) Erin Tonkon and radically improved the album with a total remix (see a couple of photos from the sessions at Nick's instagram and Erin's). In 2020 there will be a release of this new mix along with the previous two versions (the 1982 original and 2009's Destiny Street Repaired) in a deluxe package."

Interesting news. The 2009 release Destiny Street Repaired was built using a 2-track master of the backing tracks to Destiny Street with new vocals and guitar parts added.

(The other thing I just learned is that Richard has a new girlfriend. His ex-wife sang backup vocals on a few tracks on DSR, as does his daughter from his first marriage to Patty Smyth!)

Phil