RE: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #4

>>record labels (regardless of how much we dislike them) are
>>really not supposed to be charity institutions.

no doubt about that, but that still doesn't mean we shouldn't do all that we
can to fuck em & fuck em good.

>>Maybe Michael would like to go
>>back to the pre-Beethoven patronage system?

& what would be the difference???
honestly, i'd like to see corporate as well as private funding for the arts
go by the wayside...as over the top as this sounds, it might have the effect
of making art a rebellious agent, something truly underground & "counter"
cultural.

i've said enough already.
i'll leave the MBA issue to cooler (& perhaps saner) minds.
Eric S. Gregory
IVR Assistant
egregory@standard.com
(503) 321-8503