Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #4

I dunno.  I'll grant you that the folks at the major labels are a bunch of
bottom-line-watching, trend-following, profit-maximizing leeches.  And yet, I
find that there's more good/ interesting/ different music being released now
than I can digest -- some of it even on the majors.  And yet again, none of it
is really REALLY great.  Except maybe for "69 Love Songs."  Let that one be
the exception that proves the rule -- back 20 to 25 years ago, it seemed like
there was a new masterpiece released every other week.  Not anymore.  But
maybe it's not the system that's at fault; maybe art just chooses its moment.
It's been a long dry spell for musical masterpieces, but that only bodes well
for the future...

Optimistically yours,

Jeff Strell