(TV) Stiff

Agree that the Stiff Box Set is very patchy - I only really listen to the
first two CDs. But it takes me back to that time when everywhere you went
there was stiff publicity "If it ain't stiff, it ain't worth a f***", etc.
etc.

They did two Stiff road shows round the UK (and mybe elsewhere)

The first was Elvis Costello, Ian Dury, Larry Wallis, Wreckless Eric and
Nick Lowe

The second Wreckless Eric, Rachel Sweet, Jona Lewie and two others who I've
forgotten (a woman from Akron ?)

Both were really great evenings but you can see from the artists that they
were going downhill from the start. It was only really madness and then the
Pogues that kept them going so long.

Jeremy (who is now going to spend the day trying to work out who was on the
2nd tour)

PS the Larry Wallis single Police Car/On Parole is absolutely great