(TV) (OT) E-mail Technical Q

For all MM List posts I presently have my Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail Address

Book set to have the box UNCHECKED that reads:

"Always Send to the recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format"  .

I will continue to do this since as I recall putting a CHECKMARK caused formatting{?}

 or/and  other problems  with my MM  posts awhile back.

***Question:   for non MM list communications , say e.g., someone not on MM list,

 or someone on MM list but for whom I am using their personal e-mail address:

What are the advantages versus disadvantages of CHECKING the box for

"Always Send to the recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format"  ?

	Leo