Re: (TV) (OT) Help / Desperate MSN e-mail Q / Mac Afee Q

At 8:53 AM -0500 12/30/02, Casey, Leo J wrote:
Technical question: someone who is uses MSN to receive their e-mail and works outside of my work place can *never* receive any WORD file (or any other kind of ) attachment(s) when I send them.

I've seen something like this with other people. For a while they just assumed that I and a few others were forgetting to send the attachments. One day attachments worked fine, and then the next they appeared not to come through.

On investigation, we found that they *were* getting the attachments, but for some stupid reason Outlook wasn't displaying the attachments for them. While I don't know the actual problem that was causing this, the workaround turned out to be for them to forward the message to themselves--*then* the attachment would show up.

This may not be the problem in your case, but you may want to have them try it.

HTH,
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/