Re: (TV) Beware of Sales Pitches

Murray wrote:

Last post on this topic I hope for everyones sake !

Well, maybe not the _very_ last one; I just have a few short things to say, and then I promise to shut up.

what  I was trying to say humorously was that just because someone is
committed to their fans doesnt have anything to do with whether they are any
good or not, richard thompson may be worthy for doing this, but in my mind
he is still DULL DULL DULL (shouting repititiously now !)

so if you were going to really pull me up on the use of English, then you
will see that the 'worthy' bit was what I was contrasting with the 'cool'
bit

Fair enough.

 and the 'DULL' bit was my own personal opinion of what I've heard of
him, which admittedly isnt much but its more than enough for me to write him
off completely ! (oh no, please dont reply to that last statement !)

Sorry, but I'll reply _briefly_: If the little you've heard doesn't include any live electric stuff, then I hope you'll try to hear some.

>Or to turn the question on its head: do you like the music of _all_
>musicians who "make music and don't really give a flying  f u c k  whether
>it sells or not and don't do it for their fans but for themselves" - or
>does your own irrational, personal taste enter into it as well?

I dont need to answer this surely ?

No, of course not; it was a rhetorical question.

By the way, this debate may have seemed more heated than it actually was on my part (and I suspect on Murray's too).

- Jesse