Re: (TV) spotted in ICE magazine - Flash Light re-issue (and a cover)

Philip wrote:
> FLASH LIGHT... released in 1987. But CD technology and mastering
> have come along way since 1987, so I'd bet this new reissue will sound
> noticeably better than the original CD...

I hope you're right, Philip. To me, Flash Light is one of the great rock
albums of all time, up there with Marquee Moon and Horses. If the
remastering is good, then it will be a very significant reissue.

But what about all those other Tom Verlaine masterpieces that are simply not
available to ordinary people who might want to hear them and might purchase
them? I'm thinking of There's A Reason, Penetration (studio version), Mary
Marie, Dissolve/Reveal, Rotation, Pillow, Prayer, and so on. Many of you
will have favourites that you'd add to that list. Even with the first solo
album and Flash Light reissued, there's such a strong case for another
Verlaine retrospective album, to accompany and complement The Miller's Tale.
Maybe it could even include some unreleased/unfinished gems...

And if Virgin or any other record company could rise to that little
challenge, maybe they could offer Television or Tom (with Jimmy, Fred and
Jay Dee or Allen Schwartzberg) a few weeks in a studio to do a brand-new
album. Wishful thinking, of course...

--JoeT