(TV) stereo problem...help more than welcome

I have a Denon AVR 600 (?) receiver.  I stupidly
inserted speaker wire that was not properly cut, and i
believe the +/- speaker wires touched and the receiver
shorted.  When I plug it in the red light for
on/standby comes on, but nothing else.  I have
unplugged all the wires in back, unplugged the unit,
plugged it back in and nothing.

Is there any quick fix to this problem?

i REALLY can't afford a new stereo receiver right now

=====