Re: (TV) stereo problem...help more than welcome

At 6:43 AM -0700 6/23/03, Jay wrote:
i believe the +/- speaker wires touched and the receiver
shorted.

It's possible that you might have blown a fuse. I'd look on the back to see if there are indeed fuses there. They should be easy to remove; test 'em with a voltmeter. Or take them down to an electrical supply shop to get replacements. I'd be surprised if it ran you more than a few bucks.

Of course, if there *aren't* fuses on the back, then they should be inside, in which case proceed at your own risk. (Is anybody making gear without internal fuses? You'd think it would be required.) But check the back.

HTH,
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/